Friday, June 24, 2011

It is time for the Rodents!

After a good few years of living with dogs, cats and birds and studying their behaviors, i have always wanted a rodent to get to know the specials better and well, because they said i could not have a tiger in my room. I decided against mice because i heard they bite a lot and i wanted something a little more cuddlier. The guinea pigs! They are the cutest things ever, almost like soft toys. :) Have to design their cage a little bit to keep them entertained. I decided to name to boys Aito, (pronounced AH-ee-toh, Japanese for affection) and  Yorisou (pronounced Yoh-ree-sowh, Japanese for cuddle). I have heard that they recognize their humans and purr when they are happy, they sound so adorable! And i already heard Aito make this cute, soft sound.  Maybe I'll see how well they learn mazes and recognize voices. :)

Aito is a week old. Getting used to his new home :)

  
Yorisou is 3-weeks old and fatter and calmer!
Aito trying to hide under Yorisou. I hope they stop being shy very soon!



A couple of people have told me that rodents stink a lot so it is tough to maintain them but i think, that is a matter of opinion. I have seen people give away their dogs of three years because they realised that pets need a lot of attention which was too much work for them. I have never given up on an animal before so i dont see why this time is going to be different.  
it  




My first (of many, i hope) rodents. I will do everything i can to make sure you live happy, Aito and Yorisou. Time for some unconditional rodent love. :D

Bruno is stalking the piggies with a curious expression on his face. :D


P.S: These photographs were taken without flash because they are still getting used to me and the flash would blind the poor rodents.

8 comments:

Karishma said...

congrats!! they are adorable.
ur love for animals in not restricted to just dogs or cats.
even you are adorable

Sunny Dhanoe said...

Aito and Yorisou are very cute... just like their names... congrats n plz tkcr of them :)

Ikya said...

:D Your posts dint show up in my reader. :'( I am making scary noises! I want them and Bruno and Benzy and You, wait! I told you this already, no? :D

Insatiable said...

@Sunny: Sure will do
@Ik: For these many days? :O Its fine, you can say it a zillion times if you want. :) They are like pocket dogs, Ikky. You will love them!

Neeharika said...

:D:D awww.. they so cute!! i'm sure they have gotten bigger now.. cant w8 to see em again :)

Neeharika said...

awww..:D:D they are so adorable! can't wait to see em again! :):)

Insatiable said...

Yori has grown heavier and Aito seems to be stuck in at the tiny stage. Or maybe he has grown too. Yori is growing faster than grass. :D

Neeharika said...

aito seemed bigger when you got him home! i cant believe they get bigger! they are like big fur balls!! :D