Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chaats And Guitar

As the month of August creeps up on me
I'm flooded with memories from the past two years...
All the unfamiliar faces
And the few weak smiles I got..
I have never been fond of being a new student.

Though I kept to myself,initialy,
And concentrated on nothing
But playing that tune on my guitar,
I began to grow a bit familiar
With all the people around.

The weak smiles turned into friendly "HI!"s,
And with each passing day,
I made new friends.
The awkwardness was slowly put to an end.

Then came a day,when my new friend and I
Decided to go for chaats at a place near-by...
She told me it was the best she had ever had
And I could'nt agree more..

Thus a routine was born
Which the two of us followed for a long time-
Meet up in guitar class and then
Go for chaats in the late evening..

A plate of paani puri
And one masala puri each,
We faithfully still go to him
I shall remember this push-cart chaat vendor for the rest of my life,
For the best chaats in the whole wide world!

No comments: