Sunday, July 4, 2010

Being A Woman

Each day, I see my mother doing all the hustling around and I'm filled with gratitude. Keeping the house running, shuffling to work, making all the yummy food that her children demand, putting up with tantrums, making sure all the pets get what they need... is not an easy task. (though i never acknowledge it)

Being her is so hard. Infact, being a woman is hard. The men in the family rarely give them the respect they deserve and its not their fault. Being busy does take such things off your mind.

Recently, a cousin got married and moved in with her new family. I 've never heard about how much the guys love their sisters and now, they are so full of it. My cousin says the house feels empty without his sister around and now he understands what people mean when they say 'girls make a house come alive' (however clichèd that might sound).

Makes me wish I had a sister (preferably a twin) who i could spoil rotten. Someone to taste my experiments with cooking, someone who would borrow my wardrobe and return it in a bad shape and drive me mad with her antics.

No comments: