Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Joys Of Not Being An Only Child

"My children seldom fight," said the neighbor, "because they have an age gap of almost 5 years. It is so easy to manage them and restrain them from fighting." The biggest lie ever told to any mother, which they realize  after it is way too late. My poor mother believed the neighbor and decided 6 years to be a good age gap between siblings. Boy, was she wrong.
The poor woman comes home everyday to children trying to wring each other's neck while fighting over silly things such as making coffee. And what's worse is, they are not little anymore.

The only time my brother and i dint actually fight must have been when he was a tiny baby. I could have easily over-powered him and i dint want an easy victory, i guess. Mother thought it would all change once we grew up. It got only worse, if i could put it that way.

Him:Why dont you overtake the damn bus, already?
Me: I am scared of buses.
Him:Yeah, right!
Me:Dont make me pull over and throw you out of the car. DO NOT provoke me, i am warning you.
-
Me:It's your turn to make noodles.
Him:You cook this time, please. I shall do it the next time and the time after that.
Me:No. It's your turn today. Get to work, i'm hungry.
Him: Fine! You'll have to wash all the dishes, then.
Me:We'll decide about that later.
-
Him:Could you please help me with this?
Me:You dint bring masala puri for me that day. I dont see why i should help you now.
-
Me:I DONT REMEMBER ASKING YOU TO TAKE OVER THE COUCH WHILE I WENT TO THE KITCHEN TO GET MYSELF A GLASS OF WATER!
-
Him:*typical teen status update on Facebook*
Me:*sarcastic comment+a good laugh (which includes pointing fingers at him)*
Him:*deletes comment*
:|
-

Do you see the bigger picture here without having me spelling it out loud?
Yes, things have changed. Not sure if it's for the good or not but well, i would not have things any other way. In-spite of the age gap et all, we share a common circle of friends and well, this is really pleasant.


One of the many things that belong to him, which is gathering dust in my room








P.S: His birthday is not for another month or so and i see no reason why i should celebrate him only on one specific day instead of the whole year round.











2 comments:

Santhosh Vijayananda said...

Haha..maggie and masala puri..worth the fight even on cyberspace..!

Lan said...

your blog is very interesting and good. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too :))

xx
beauthi.blogspot.com