Friday, November 12, 2010

The life of Benzy

A couple of months back, as i was leaving home to go to a friend's place, i noticed this super enthusiastic dog pass by my street. As usual, i ran to the kitchen and fed the weak-looking dog. She was a stray, probably wandering around in search of a meal and since i fed her, she started to hang around my house.

Bensy is the most sweetest dog i've ever met. She must be less than a year old and grew very attached to the family. Storms and rain scare her and that is when we took her in and gave her a new bed. The fireworks during Diwali made her tremble and whine all evening. It got so worse that i spent my evenings trying to calm her nerves, to stop her from trembling.

She spends her nights inside, sleeping so peacefully, maybe she has never slept this well ever in her life. The streets are not really a safe place. Every night as i watch her sleep, i feel my heart skip a beat. She is one lucky animal and i could not be more pleased about adopting her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww shez soo cuute... n sooo proud of u sista! :) wish cud do that to all da strays out ther...

Karishma said...

proud of you. i love dogs. but here in mumbai, street dogs are such snobs, they dont even eat biscuits.

Insatiable said...

thanks, Ginger. :)
Really? I dint know street dogs could be such snobs. No one has ever told me that Bombay dogs have attitude problems! Maybe they have had enough of biscuits and thats why they refuse to eat it anymore?

Ikya said...

Wow..you make me so proud. I really love you for this! My mum had taken in a lot of dogs where we lived previously, we had to find him another place cause we moved.

Insatiable said...

Haha.Right back at you,Ik. :) Did you find him another home?Benzy is such a timid dog,she refuses to step outside unless Bruno or one of us accompany her.Felt she needed a home more than any other stray.She goes crazy during Diwali.It's heart-breaking to watch a dog go through all that.I wish I could adopt every homeless animal on the planet