Friday, February 6, 2009

FAR AWAY

Standing alone in the dark,lonely road
I look around for signs of you
Even your footstep in the snow-covered pathway would do..
Seeing nothing that is of proof that you are near,
I do not lose hope and the wait seemed to go on forever.
Not untill I was totally covered in snow
Did someone back in the warmth of my party room know
That something was missing-and that was me.

I even patiently sat near the phone
Hoping you would call atleast and tell people to leave me alone..
Evening turned to night and with each passing minute,
The sorrow in my heart grew.
There I stood,in front of my birthday cake
Ready to blow my candles but wondering why did you fake?
I thought you would not miss this day for anything
And your absence must mean something-
Maybe you had forgotten,anyway..

I lay awake in bed all night
Trying to stop my tears,which I couldn't fight
Finally,I heard the most pleasant sound!
I picked up the phone on the second round.
Little did I know that it is not the call I expected
For,your tearful mother told me you were no more-
A fact I cudn't digest..

While I was awaiting your arrival the whole day,
HE had made you take a wrong way.
The one turn of the wheel of your car
Took you away from all of us...

1 comment:

nee said...

this gave me chills lady!!!!:):)
AMAZING!!!